Reconcile Issue: Another Application Currently Editing Message

10-13-2021 09:14 AM
MalleCarrasco-Harris1
New Contributor III

When I attempt to reconcile, I get the message "Another application is currently editing the version." 

I have been editing and reconciled/posted this morning with no issues. This problem occurs intermittently, with no changes in program usage. It occurred a few weeks ago to me and is occurring again. A team mate has reported she now had the issue with her ArcGIS Pro. 

Right now the solution has just been wait and see. 

I'm using version ArcGIS Pro 2.8.3.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

Could be another editor accidentally connecting to the version you need to deal with.

Is your version setup like this?

Protected DEFAULT

Public version per editor for posting

Private child version off of their posting version for editing, along with reconciling and posting to their Public posting version

Python script and scheduled task to reconcile and post all the editor's posting versions to DEFAULT

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I'd start with seeing who/when locks are being acquired.  Worse comes to worse, you can kill the lock and then do a reconcile/post.  You can read more about how to manage geodatabase locks here.

0 Kudos
MalleCarrasco-Harris1
New Contributor III

Thank you, I'll try this solution. The problem is intermittent, I am not sure what triggers it, so I will leave this unresolved until I can find something that works. 

0 Kudos