Reclassifying a Multidimensional Raster in ModelBuilder

08-26-2024 10:46 AM
Labels (1)
IA_GIS
by
New Contributor

I am developing a suitability model for various crops using a NetCDF file that contains precipitation data (PCRP) with three dimensions: latitude, longitude, and time (divided into twelve months). I aim to calculate a suitability model for each month using this data, along with a TIFF file representing soil depth as well as other TIFF files representing other variables.

To make the precipitation layer compatible with the other layers, I:

- Used "Copy Raster" to convert the NetCDF to a CRF file.

- Used "Export Raster" to adjust the cell size, extent and coordinate system to match the TIFF files.

I can reclassify the resulting CRF layer using "Remap," but I want to automate this process using ModelBuilder, where "Remap" is not available. When I attempted to use "Reclassify" to reclassify the CRF, the output was not multidimensional and seemed incorrect.

I considered using the raster calculator and some conditional statements to do reclassification, but it returned an error when I tried a test formula to see if the raster calculator would work with a CRF:

IA_GIS_0-1724693732994.png

despite the example code on (Work with operators in map algebra—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation), under "Multidimensional raster operator rules" suggesting that this should work.

I also tried using "Reclass by Table", but it had the same issues as "Reclassify".

If possible, we would prefer our suitability results to be multidimensional. Any assistance would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
0 Replies