Select to view content in your preferred language

Recent Project list saved somewhere

Jump to solution
06-08-2022 07:19 AM
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

I am wondering if the list of Recent Projects when you start pro is saved as a file or bookmark somewhere on your disk drive.

Our situation is when we are working in the office we work direct off our intranet.

When we work remote we VPN into our network, then we can work off our laptops.

However, we also have the option to start a Remote Desktop Connection so we can remote into a virtual machine, that is significantly more powerful than our laptops. 

Yesterday we set up new RDC's and I am setting up Pro for me in my new connection.  

So I am wondering if there is a set of files or some such I can copy and paste.  Like we would for SDE and database connections in ArcMap

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Robert - from what I've been able to figure out - the user.config file in your C:\Users\<user_profile>\AppData\Roaming\Esri\ArcGISPro.exe_StrongName_yhpsrysqpn4fvmb0spwbakt5o5e50din\2.9.0.0 is the one that stores your recent projects that ArcGIS Pro "sees."

To test, copy that file to your RDC machine and see if the recent projects show up in the RDC.  Note:  the ArcGIS Pro.exe_StrongName_* will likely be different values that what I have shown in my response.

View solution in original post

JillianStanford
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I poked around in the file system and for me it looks like it is stored in the local app data at -

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Esri\ArcGISPro.exe_StrongName_[GUID]\2.9.0.0\user.config

It is an xml file and the recent projects are written to a setting called "RecentProject". I don't think it will be as simple as copying this file but you could copy and paste the content of this node.

JillianStanford_0-1654699510483.png

Jill

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Robert - from what I've been able to figure out - the user.config file in your C:\Users\<user_profile>\AppData\Roaming\Esri\ArcGISPro.exe_StrongName_yhpsrysqpn4fvmb0spwbakt5o5e50din\2.9.0.0 is the one that stores your recent projects that ArcGIS Pro "sees."

To test, copy that file to your RDC machine and see if the recent projects show up in the RDC.  Note:  the ArcGIS Pro.exe_StrongName_* will likely be different values that what I have shown in my response.

JillianStanford
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I poked around in the file system and for me it looks like it is stored in the local app data at -

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Esri\ArcGISPro.exe_StrongName_[GUID]\2.9.0.0\user.config

It is an xml file and the recent projects are written to a setting called "RecentProject". I don't think it will be as simple as copying this file but you could copy and paste the content of this node.

JillianStanford_0-1654699510483.png

Jill

RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

That worked perfect. I changed the name of the existing user.config and just pasted the one from my c:\  and they were all there. 

And you can go up a directory or 2 and copy your favorites there as well.  Though I already had connection files ready to go and simply added them in that way.