Reading Geodatabase - This container is empty

Jump to solution
11-21-2021 01:11 PM
PeterGreen
New Contributor II

I created a file geodatabase in ArcMap 10.8. I then created several raster mosaics and imported a Sentinel-2 image and various elevation layers. Everything worked fine. I then imported the ArcMap project with the raster layers into ArcGIS Pro 2.5. The project imported successfully including the layers, however when I try to access the geodatabase it appears empty. In both Catalog view and pane there's a message that says "This container is empty". Can anyone advise what I'm doing wrong here. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Do you have ArcMap 10.8 in the same machine?

If yes, could you check if you are able to access the GDB and view its content?

If you can access the content of the GDB, then

1. Using ArcGIS Pro, create a new file Geodatabase.

2. Using ArcMap, execute Raster To Geodatabase to copy the raster files in the new geodatabase. Check if you are able to view the content of new geodatabase from ArcGIS Pro.

Let me know if there are any concerns.

Think Location

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I would suggest upgrading ArcGIS Pro to the latest version (if possible), and try again.

Think Location
PeterGreen
New Contributor II

Thank you @JayantaPoddar. I was just in the process of doing that. I'm now running v 2.9 but I"m still receiving the same message. Regards.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Do you have ArcMap 10.8 in the same machine?

If yes, could you check if you are able to access the GDB and view its content?

If you can access the content of the GDB, then

1. Using ArcGIS Pro, create a new file Geodatabase.

2. Using ArcMap, execute Raster To Geodatabase to copy the raster files in the new geodatabase. Check if you are able to view the content of new geodatabase from ArcGIS Pro.

Let me know if there are any concerns.

Think Location
PeterGreen
New Contributor II

Thank you for your responses, Jayanta. Apologies for the slow reply. Your suggestion worked perfectly. Kind regards.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Great!

Could you mark that response "Accept as Solution", which resolved your issue? This would help others facing similar challenge.

Think Location
0 Kudos
PeterGreen
New Contributor II

Yes, all done. Thanks again!