Select to view content in your preferred language

Re: Notepad function in ArcGIS Pro?

10-23-2023 04:38 AM
hayli
by
New Contributor

i am working on a final project for school. I had to gather and manually enter a lot of data in an excel spreadsheet. Then I want to join that data to the attribute table of counties. My excel spreadsheet is done ( I tried using a CSV file but it didn't work out). I even managed to join it to the layer's attribute table. All is good there. The issue I'm encountering is that all the fields from the Excel sheet are "text". I removed it from the project, edited it in excel ensuring that money value is indeed numeric "accounting value" , percentages are set to percentages. Only the name of the counties (which is what I'm also using to join the tables) should be a text format. But once imported in ArcGIS Pro it just shows up as text in the field's information. This would be an issue later on during spatial analysis and symbology changes. What am I doing wrong? Running short on time with this project and I'm so stressed out for the rest of it but I'm stuck at something that simple...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PaulinaKarkauskaite
Esri Contributor

Hello @hayli,

How do you import your excel spreadsheet in Pro? Are you using the Excel To Table tool: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/tool-reference/conversion/excel-to-table.htm ?

0 Kudos