Select to view content in your preferred language

Re: Lidar Data Management

08-18-2022 12:32 PM
ANDRESAVOIE
New Contributor

Hello everyone, 

Im currently trying to convert a Las Dataset into a Raster. I have to much data for the simple : Las Dataset to Raster tool. From what I understand, my best option is now to use the function : Las Dataset to Tiled Raster. This geoprocessing tool is part of the 3D Sample Tools extensions. For some reason, when I input my Las Dataset into its box, this error message shows up : 

ERROR 032659 updateParameters Syntax Error: File "C:\Program Files (x86)\3D Samples\Pro\3D Sample Tools.tbx#LasTileRaster_samples3d.UpdateParameters.py", line 35
else:
^
TabError: inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation

I have the advanced personal use license with spatial and 3D analyst and I am using ArcGIS Pro.

If you have any idea how to fix this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Andre.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Perhaps use this

Convert LAS (Conversion)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

since the sample toolbox has been largely replaced by builtin Pro functionality, according to....

3D Sample Tools 3D Analysis Team - Esri Community

... sort of retired...
ANDRESAVOIE
New Contributor

Thank you for the response, the tool does seem retired. Im not sure how the convert las tool is supposed to help. Is it supposed to make the data less processing heavy for the computer? If this is the case im not sure it will be enough (6803Km2 of aerial lidar) but Ill give it a try.

0 Kudos
DavidVidovic2
New Contributor

Hi, I have the same issue/question about the 3D Sample Tools - LAS to Tiled Raster. Did the convert las tool in Pro work for your large dataset? 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There are a load of other tools in ArcToolbox

An overview of the Point Cloud toolset—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation would be a good place to start, or

An overview of the LAS Dataset toolset—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

search the help using "las" for many more

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos