Raster Refresh in ArcGIS Pro

02-10-2017 11:14 AM
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

I am testing ArcGIS for Desktop vs Pro as part of at least a partial migration of users from Desktop to Pro.  I brought in some imagery stored in a Raster Mosaic Dataset (RMD) and the map refreshes 3x slower in Pro than Desktop at the same scale.

Could there be a configuration setting that I have missed to process raster data more quickly in Pro?

Any hints or help are greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

start by looking a machine specs first... settings a moot if the machines are weak

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Michael Volz‌ I realize this was posted a while ago.  Performance has been a key focus for ArcGIS Pro development teams more recently so I was wondering if you are still seeing any performance differences when working with mosaic datasets when you compare ArcGIS Pro to ArcMap.  If so, please let us know with some specifics.  Thank you!

Ian Sims

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

The refresh issue may have gotten better, but I am more concerned with project templates created with an org's RMD copying all the raw imagery to a default project database instead of referencing the correct network location.  This results in the project template process taking hours to complete with the enduser not knowing if the application is processing or has crashed.  A few users have experienced this where they left Pro running for a few hours or overnight.

Can you try testing this process yourself on an RMD with at least say 300 images?

0 Kudos