"Unable to open the task. It cannot be found."- Flood Impact Analysis

11-04-2021 02:11 PM
Labels (1)
AmandaBristowe
New Contributor II

I am currently working on a project using the Flood Impact Analysis Solution. When I opened the ArcPro project, the "How to use Flood Impact Analysis" tool wasn't working and had the dreaded red exclamation point. When I click on it, an error message pops up and says "Unable to open the task. It cannot be found."

AmandaBristowe_0-1636060213363.png

Is there way to fix this besides creating a new map document and importing everything over?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IhabHassan
Esri Contributor

Hi @AmandaBristowe 

I usually see this exclamation mark when the tool script has syntax error, or when the tool script is missing. Are you sure that your Pro meets the requirements of this toolset solution?
I checked the doco, it says that the toolset needs

• ArcGIS Online
  • ArcGIS Pro 2.7 or later (Advanced)
    • ArcGIS 3D Analyst extension
    • ArcGIS Spatial Analyst extension

And, the user type must be at least GIS Professional Advanced.

Hope that helps

Ihab

Regards
Ihab
0 Kudos
AmandaBristowe
New Contributor II

Hi Ihab,

My Pro does meet the requirements of this toolset selection. This tool was working up until about a week ago. I do have access to ArcGIS Online, and I am running Pro 2.8.3, and I do have and Advanced license, as well as the 3D Analyst and Spatial Analyst extensions, so I do not think that is the issue. I know a previous post in the help forum suggested exporting the toolset into a new folder/project, but I'm not sure if that will fix this or how do it. 

Thanks!

Amanda

0 Kudos