Python Environment: Clone Default to different folder

Jump to solution
04-28-2022 06:12 AM
Labels (1)
DNVT
by
New Contributor III

I am looking to clone my default python environment to a different folder (D drive instead of the Default C). In the online documentation, it states

"By default, the environment is created in your %LocalAppData%\Esri\conda\envs folder. To create the environment in a different folder, click the Browse button on the Clone Environment dialog box and browse to the folder." ( https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/arcpy/get-started/work-with-python-environments.htm )

Where is the Browse button on the Clone Environment?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndyAnderson
Occasional Contributor II

Go ahead and click on the Clone button, it produces a dialog that allows you to set the folder. See the attached image.

— Andy

Clone Environment dialogClone Environment dialog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndyAnderson

Go ahead and click on the Clone button, it produces a dialog that allows you to set the folder. See the attached image.

— Andy

Clone Environment dialogClone Environment dialog

0 Kudos
AndyAnderson

The Browse button is the folder icon at the end of the file name. You can also just type or paste in the full path to the other location.

0 Kudos
DNVT
by
New Contributor III

Ah, thank you! I was always clicking the Clone Default button at the top header which automatically creates your clone to the C drive, and not the Clone icon on the right.

0 Kudos
AndyAnderson

Yes, I quickly moved away from using that top button primarily because I wanted different names for the new environments than “arcgispro-py3-clone”. 😀

0 Kudos