Publishing from ArcGIS Pro 2.8 no data in map service

06-21-2021 08:54 PM
LaraRector
New Contributor II

Hello,

Has anyone else come across an issue when publishing a map service from ArcGIS Pro 2.8 that polygon layers publish with no data?  

Lara

9 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you share what workflow you for following for publishing the map service?

What is the version of your ArcGIS Server?

Is it a stand-alone Server or the Server is federated with Portal for ArcGIS (ArcGIS Enterprise)?

Have you registered the underlying geodatabase/ folder with Server?

Check Publish a Map Service from ArcGIS Pro for more details.

Think Location
0 Kudos
LaraRector
New Contributor II

I have 4 layers 1xpoint, 1xline and 2x polygon which both reference the same data source

ArcGIS Server: 10.81 federated

Yes we have a registered geodatabase that I am publishing from. But have also just noticed that I am also getting this error from a hosted feature class that I published recently.

Getting this error in dev tools: Error querying server for feature count in MapTextProvider: Error: Failed to execute query.

We're still trying different things to resolve it so I'll post again if we work it out otherwise we might need to log a ticket with support.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You cannot publish a map service to a federated server using ArcGIS Pro.

Instead, check if you can share them as web layers (individually) or as webmap to your ArcGIS Enterprise. Sharing Web Layers 

Think Location
0 Kudos
LaraRector
New Contributor II

Sorry, maybe I called it the wrong thing.  It is creating a service.  I use Share > web layer > overwrite web layer

The same process worked with no problems on production where we still have 2.7 installed.  I will log an ESRI request as we have to get to the bottom of this issue to make sure it doesn't occur on production.

We just uninstalled 2.8, reinstalled 2.7 on the server then we had to get the version of the arpx from production (that had never been opened in 2.8) we published that (using the process above) and everything is back again.  

0 Kudos
CarolynMilland
New Contributor II

We are having the same problem and, on top of that, we cant publish a feature layer to our portal using arcgis PRO 2.8

Is this a known bug? or do you have a fix?

0 Kudos
CarolynMilland
New Contributor II
OFFICIAL

No, the error was not this issue. Our portal is 10.7.1, plus the error was different to the one listed in the link you passed along.

Regards,

Carolyn Milland
Geospatial Intelligence Analyst | Geospatial Intelligence Unit
Online and Geospatial Intelligence Section
Intelligence Enabling & Governance Branch | Intelligence Division
Strategy and National Resilience
Department of Home Affairs
P: 02 6229 3874
Email: Carolyn.milland@homeaffairs.gov.au

0 Kudos
LaraRector
New Contributor II

sorry the bug we had was this one.  We are still publishing using 2.7.4 as far as I know

BUG-000138634

Unable to publish Azure PostgreSQL referenced data to ArcGIS Enterprise from ArcGIS Pro 2.7.x.

0 Kudos
CarolynMilland
New Contributor II
OFFICIAL

It's strange as we are just publishing directly from a local gdb. On top of that, we can't publish a feature service at all. Is this fixed in 2.9? At the moment our solution is to use 2.6 to publish but I'd prefer to be able to upgrade. Does 2.9 solve these issues?

Regards,

Carolyn Milland
Geospatial Intelligence Analyst | Geospatial Intelligence Unit
Online and Geospatial Intelligence Section
Intelligence Enabling & Governance Branch | Intelligence Division
Strategy and National Resilience
Department of Home Affairs
P: 02 6229 3874
Email: Carolyn.milland@homeaffairs.gov.au

0 Kudos