Publishing A Map Service to Server Results in Unspecified Error

Jump to solution
10-25-2021 08:43 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I try to publish a map service to our server, I get an unknown error (It just says error, no information or number). The analyzer also doesn't appear to run when i click analyze. Have tried on multiple projects and stripped back the file to a single layer to no avail. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm running ArcGIS Pro 2.8.3 but was happening on 2.8.1 as well (updated today).

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Managed to fix this - while working through another error, my account was reset from "Publisher" role type to "Facilitator". Despite the fact Facilitator says it has publisher privileges, it seems that I am not permitted to publish a map service as a Facilitator. After updating my role type, restarting ArcGIS Pro and logging in and out, my issue was resolved.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is it a standalone server? What is its version?

What type of layers are you using?

Please share screenshot of the parameters used while publishing.

Also screenshot of the error message.

Think Location
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your help. Yes, it's a standalone server and the version is 10.6.1. No one else on the team appears to have the same issue and permissions appear to be consistent.

Trying to upload shapefiles of boroughs in London.

Attached are the parameters, the results when I run the analyzer and the error when I click "Publish".

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Managed to fix this - while working through another error, my account was reset from "Publisher" role type to "Facilitator". Despite the fact Facilitator says it has publisher privileges, it seems that I am not permitted to publish a map service as a Facilitator. After updating my role type, restarting ArcGIS Pro and logging in and out, my issue was resolved.

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Great.

Facilitator could be a custom role created by your organization, where Publisher role was edited, and some privileges (essential for publishing) might have been removed for finer control.

Think Location
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah I see, yeah that sounds like it could be right. Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos