Proximity

Jump to solution
07-29-2021 06:48 AM
Labels (1)
CanJM
by
New Contributor II

How to  identifying assets (poles) in proximity to storm drains/manholes (oil leaking risks) and hydrants. I do not have a distance. I cannot use the buffer tool. Is their any tool in arcpro that can be used to do proximity analysis. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RPGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

You should be able to add those features as well to the tool. Did you add all of those features or only the specific features.

Also, when you ask 'add switches and transformers with poles', are you asking on how to specify those features that have poles attached or do the poles have those specific attributes. In either case, you would want to select the poles (or other features) by those attributes and then run the tool.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RPGIS
by

You can use the Near tool to figure out how close features are to other features.

CanJM
by
New Contributor II

CanJM_0-1627567788383.png

I ran it. I selected the input features to pole and near feature I selected all the manhole, storm culvert , storm conduit. Method - Planar. It populated the property and field name itself. It said complete however, I want to add switches , transformers with poles. 

How can I use near tool? 

0 Kudos
RPGIS
by

You should be able to add those features as well to the tool. Did you add all of those features or only the specific features.

Also, when you ask 'add switches and transformers with poles', are you asking on how to specify those features that have poles attached or do the poles have those specific attributes. In either case, you would want to select the poles (or other features) by those attributes and then run the tool.

0 Kudos
CanJM
by
New Contributor II

I only add the poles and no other feature.  I noticed every pole is nearby a sanitary manhole or culvert.  This is making me question the accuracy. Thank You for telling me about this tool. I appreciate it. 

0 Kudos