Projection

06-16-2021 05:21 AM
MarcelSt-Germain
Occasional Contributor III

Hi, 

I work with a project since pro 2,5.  Beginning at 2,7 I start to have Transformation Warning without changing anything.  

Anyway, I doesn't understand how to fix this.  I saw that more transformation are available in my Esri but, no way to find them.  Help please.

transformation.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Can you share the projection info of this layer with GCS_WGS_84? I'm thinking esri just isn't recognising the datum as WGS 84 and possibly you just need to define it as WGS 1984 - although I cannot be sure of that and may be completely incorrect. 

0 Kudos
MarcelSt-Germain

HI, I have hundred of layers from many sources, so any way to know, like for links, to show a list of projections. Passing each of these link one by one,,,

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

If you go to Map properties (rightClick on your Map in the table of contents) then ;Coordinate Systems' then layers should be listed under each coordinate system present in the map.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Esri recognizes most of the coordinate systems by EPSG.

Looks like the data (GCS_WGS_1984) has been created in a non-Esri software, which ArcGIS Pro doesn't identify.

As mentioned by David, check the list of layers under the anomalous coordinate system from Map Properties > Coordinate System > Layers.

JayantaPoddar_0-1623877768999.png

Using Define Projection, define the coordinate system of those layer(s) as 

GCS_WGS_1984 (Geographic Coordinate System > World > WGS 1984).

JayantaPoddar_4-1623878884670.png

Although the names are similar, the one you just defined is identified by ArcGIS Pro correctly.

Here is how the coordinate system of the Layer looked before and after executing Define Projection.

Before "Define Projection"

JayantaPoddar_1-1623878446935.png

After "Define Projection"

JayantaPoddar_3-1623878666952.png

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Note: Sometimes the culprit layer(s) could have a projected coordinate system on top of its GCS. Here is one example that I have.

In Map Properties > Transformation

JayantaPoddar_5-1623879485339.png

But, Under Coordinate Systems > Layers, there was no such Coordinate System

JayantaPoddar_6-1623879644391.png

I tested one layer from each coordinate system, and found the culprit layer was having a coordinate system of "UTM_Zone_43_Northern_Hemisphere".

JayantaPoddar_7-1623879899617.png

Think Location
MarcelSt-Germain

Thanks, It's what I had in mind. I also do these changes manually.  Unfortunately we can't or I haven't find the way, in option for all the time tell the system to make it the same. Like in your exemple. GCS WGS = WGS that's it.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

One thing to examine is go to Project tab->Options-Map and Scene.  Expand the Spatial Reference dropdown and see if the "Warn if transformation between geographic coordinate system is required to align data sources correctly" is checked.  If so, then ArcGIS Pro will warn you every time (just like ArcMap does) that there is a geographic transformation issue.  If you uncheck this, ArcGIS Pro will resolve it for you.  

transformation_warning.JPG

0 Kudos
MarcelSt-Germain

Thanks, unfortunately it was uncheck.  So I check it and unselect it to see if it will do the job.

0 Kudos