Project Tool Error/Raster Export Workaround?

Jump to solution
08-28-2023 08:55 AM
Labels (3)
TristenDenton4
New Contributor III

Hey Esri Community, I'm currently trying to project a raster (Using the Project Raster Tool) I have to another CS and am running into an Error and was curious if there were any workaround suggestions/fixes that you might have in mind. I have already tried to export the raster and change the projection in the options for it, but to no avail. Any suggestions on how I can export this that don't involve finding the folder in file explorer (I've already done that but want to go through Pro)?

TristenDenton4_0-1693238028348.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

file path is long and contains spaces and you are putting out it in esri grid format with a long filename.

send it to a shorter path with a *.tif extension, the recommended raster format by esri.

also check your cell size and see comments in the following documents

How the Cell Size Projection Method environment setting works—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Project Raster (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

file path is long and contains spaces and you are putting out it in esri grid format with a long filename.

send it to a shorter path with a *.tif extension, the recommended raster format by esri.

also check your cell size and see comments in the following documents

How the Cell Size Projection Method environment setting works—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Project Raster (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...