Select to view content in your preferred language

Project tab missing from Pro Options

Jump to solution
02-13-2024 05:18 PM
MarkGilbert
Esri Contributor

In the Pro backstage area on the Options pane there used to be a tab called "Project" that allowed one to change the default Pro project location. I know this because at some point I changed this location to a network drive and I want to reset it.

For the life of me I can't find anything about the Project tab anywhere and it's missing in 3.2.2.

Can anyone help me with resetting or permanently changing the default location Pro uses for new projects?

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

project backstage, options, general... is this what you are looking for?

project.png

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

project backstage, options, general... is this what you are looking for?

project.png

... sort of retired...
MarkGilbert
Esri Contributor

Not exactly.

What I'm really trying to do is figure out how to change, or revert back to the default, this location.

Defatul Project.jpg

At some point I changed this to a network folder and I would like to revert back to local folder.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

New projects are saved in a custom location

popping your path into there doesn't work?

You could always have a look in your

C:\Users\... you ...\AppData\Roaming\Esri\ArcGISPro_ .... thing ... \3.2.0.0\user.config

of course the ArcGISPro_StrongName_ thing would have to be edited

Mine was found in my roaming profile, but check your local as well

defaultproject.png

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
MarkGilbert
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the help but I'm throwing in the towel. I'm still pretty sure there was "Project" tab in a previous version that was removed in an update and I am no longer able to change the default path which continues to be a OneDrive folder no matter what I try. I've since learned this is not a supported configuration but am unable to revert it back.

So for now, I'll just use the Custom Default Folder setting to put my projects on C:\\User\...\Documents. 

0 Kudos