Project map doesn't load

08-19-2022 06:24 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello!

I have a problem with loading maps in an ArcGIS Pro project- project maps doesn't load, although I can open the project itself. I know there have been other posts regarding this problem. I have tried renaming certain folders, updating computer drivers, deleting program's cache, but none of the solutions have worked. Are there some more ideas, how to solve this problem?

Tags (2)
3 Replies
laperkins
New Contributor

Thanks for posting this Kevin. I'm having the same issue. I have two main projects I've been working on that each have 4 maps. Some of the maps have standalone data from Excel that has been geomapped. I have been unable to load any maps on these projects (the contents pane won't even load). They were working find just a few days ago and one of the projects I haven't touched at all (i.e. no new data or manipulation). I've noticed when I open them, in TaskManager, the program "ExcelToSQLite" is taking up most of the CPU. After a while, ArcGIS becomes unresponsive and I have to force quit it from TaskManager.

I've loaded some of the test projects from the Esri tutorials like "add data to a project" and these load ok, but seem to take longer than they used to (or I'm biased at this point). Like Kevin, I've tried the other solutions that have been posted to no avail.

0 Kudos
-_-
by
New Contributor III

hello.

Even in my environment, there are projects that can read maps and projects that cannot. The difference is that when you open the task manager while the unreadable project is open, the task "ExcelToSQLite.exe" is always running.

Therefore, when I renamed the application "ExcelToSQLite.exe" in "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin" to "-ExcelToSQLite.exe" and opened the project, I was able to open the map became.

However, in this state, Excel files cannot be handled.(´・ω・`)

0 Kudos
laperkins
New Contributor

Yes, I realized if I close that program in Task Manager I can load the projects. From now on I'm going to try to work through CSV instead of Excel. The geomapped data I was able to create a layer package from so that I have the data in ArcGIS and don't have to rely on the connection to Excel.

0 Kudos