Select to view content in your preferred language

Profile Graph option grayed out after running Profile tool

Jump to solution
06-10-2024 12:26 PM
Labels (2)
ScottEvans
New Contributor II

Having some difficulty with the output of the Profile tool.  Pro will not let me create a Profile Graph as the option is grayed out.  I've tried running the Profile tool via the 'Ready to User Tools' section and running it as a standalone Geoprocessing tool.  I've tried a few different input lines (eg. changing the geometry).  The tool will run just fine, and the output attribute table looks ok and the output line has z value data enabled, but the option to create a Profile Graph remains grayed out.  Any ideas of what I might be missing/doing wrong?  I'm running ArcGIS Pro 3.2.0.

ScottEvans_0-1718047053096.png

ScottEvans_1-1718047468036.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

just to confirm... do you have the 3D analyst extension?

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

just to confirm... do you have the 3D analyst extension?

... sort of retired...
ScottEvans
New Contributor II

That did it.  I didn't even consider the 3D Analyst extension.  Thank you.  But here's my gripe, the documentation does not state that it's a requirement:

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/mapping/exploratory-analysis/interactive-elevation-pro...

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/mapping/exploratory-analysis/exploratory-analysis-tool...

I could have sworn the old help documentation had a licensing matrix that would state what licensing level or extension was required in order to run a tool.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Profile graph—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

• The profile graph can be viewed without an ArcGIS 3D Analyst extension license, but the creation of a profile graph requires an ArcGIS 3D Analyst extension license.

buried perhaps

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
ScottEvans
New Contributor II

I see it now.  I agree, buried.  Oh well, hopefully this will help out others if they have the same issue.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos