Profile graph-export

Jump to solution
11-27-2020 04:15 AM
AvivitLevy
New Contributor III

Arcgis Pro 2.6.3

There is a way to export Profile graph no just to png/jpg format? 

I would like to compare between 2 different elevation surfaces and for that, I created 2 different graphs, but I want to combine them into one.

Thanks in advance,

Avivit

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Great!  Let me know how it goes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Avivit - according to the ArcGIS Pro Help Topic here you can export a chart to SVG, JPG and PNG formats by using the Export button in the chart window.  For combing the profile graphs, are you wanting to have 2 profiles in one graph/window?  Or could you export each profile graph out as a single SVG/JPG/PNG and stack them for a presentation?  I'm curious what the end goal is - thx!!!

0 Kudos
AvivitLevy
New Contributor III

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your answer, I have 2 dsm from 2 different years and I need to compare changes with the level of soil in a specific section and compare between them through one profile graph.    

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Avivit - I think I have a workflow that will work for you.

1. Duplicate your lines (i.e. Original FC name) using the Copy/Paste on the Edit core tab->Clipboard group.  This will create a copy of lines in the same feature class in the GDB.
  2. Select the first "copy" of lines by opening the attribute table and manually selecting them.  For example, if you originally had 10 features, manually select the rows for 1-10.
  3. For DSM1 and the selected features from line feature class for the Profile Graph, run the Interpolate Shape GP tool on your Z-enabled feature class to get the Z-values for DSM1 (Input Surface: DSM1 and Input Features:  your feature class name with a selected set).  This will create a new feature class - i.e. FC1.
  4. Switch the line selection in the attribute table to select the "copy" of the original features.  Run the Interpolate Shape GP tool on your Z-enabled feature class to get the Z-values for DSM2 (Input Surface: DSM2 and Input Features:  your feature class name with the selected set).  This will create a new feature class - i.e. FC2
  5. Run the Append GP tool to append the features from FC2 to FC1.  Now you have a single feature class with copies of the lines - one with values from DSM1 and the other from DSM2.
  6. Right-click the FC1 layer and select Create Chart -> Profile Graph.

Now you have a Profile Graph of the lines using 2 different DSMs.  Hope this makes sense!

AvivitLevy
New Contributor III

Yes! thank you very much Robert- I will try it

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Great!  Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos
AvivitLevy
New Contributor III

It went well! thank you

0 Kudos
abregosuarez
New Contributor

Hi, what about exporting graph values (x,y) to .csv or .txt?