Problems training Deep Learning Model

11-27-2020 12:10 PM
Labels (1)
MrG
by
New Contributor III

I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.6 and I have installed all the Deep Learning Frameworks using the integrated installer that Esri has provided for 2.6 here: https://links.esri.com/deep-learning-framework-install (It was really useful, by the way)

I created a training sample with some dots. I exported those features to chips using the Export Training Sample command in Pro 2.6. Metadata format for exporting: Pascal Visual Objects Classes (I try to apply the Single Shot Detector SSD) , buffer radius: 2

Then I tried to train the model and started to get error messages. I could get rid of some of them; for instance, reading similar topics in this forum I found that the regional configuration of the computer can be a source or problems, since in some regions we use , instead of . for expressing decimals, so I replaced all the commas in my xml chips for dots.

When I try to train the model it runs for 1 second (a little more than before), but soon another error appears:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\toolboxes\Image Analyst Tools.tbx\TrainDeepLearningModel.tool\tool.script.execute.py", line 196, in <module>
execute()
File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\toolboxes\Image Analyst Tools.tbx\TrainDeepLearningModel.tool\tool.script.execute.py", line 141, in execute
data_bunch = prepare_data(in_folder, **prepare_data_kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Lib\site-packages\arcgis\learn\_data.py", line 817, in prepare_data
.label_from_func(get_y_func)
File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Lib\site-packages\fastai\data_block.py", line 475, in _inner
self.train = ft(*args, from_item_lists=True, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Lib\site-packages\fastai\data_block.py", line 299, in label_from_func
return self._label_from_list([func(o) for o in self.items], label_cls=label_cls, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Lib\site-packages\fastai\data_block.py", line 299, in <listcomp>
return self._label_from_list([func(o) for o in self.items], label_cls=label_cls, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Lib\site-packages\arcgis\learn\_data.py", line 167, in _get_bbox_lbls
return _get_bbox_classes(xmlfile, class_mapping, height_width)
File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Lib\site-packages\arcgis\learn\_data.py", line 135, in _get_bbox_classes
tree = ET.parse(xmlfile)
File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1196, in parse
tree.parse(source, parser)
File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 597, in parse
self._root = parser._parse_whole(source)
xml.etree.ElementTree.ParseError: XML declaration not well-formed: line 1, column 16
Failed to execute (TrainDeepLearningModel).

Any hint will be really appreciated.

For example, could be useful to have access to chips that any of you can have. If I could train a model with your tested chips would mean that my errors are in the process of creating the chips and is not an installation issue related with the frameworks.

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MrG
by
New Contributor III

I reply to myself: sorry, one of the xml files had errors. Once corrected I could run the processs and discover a brand new error that I will describe in another post.

Thanks

0 Kudos