Problems adding elevation data

05-31-2019 11:47 PM
DanSocaciu
New Contributor II

Hi everyone, I am just starting to use ArcGIS Pro, and I am trying to create a local scene.

I exported a DEM model from Agisoft Photoscan as a a GeoTiff Elevation Data. I also exported a high quality JPEG that I want to drape over the elevation data. The problem is that when I add the .tif as a elevation source it says "an elevation surface needs to contain supported elevation information and the data source needs to be accessible". The .tif displays fine as a raster, showing a black and white contrast image.

I assume it has something to do with how I export the DEM from Photoscan. I do not understand what the no-data value is, I tried it as -3.40282, I found that value on a different forum regarding ArcMap. 

Any help would be appreciated, I am trying to figure things out as I go. Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

-3.402823466e+38 I suspect,  Was it a 32 bit tiff?  The export format and type will give a clue to the nodata value

0 Kudos
DanSocaciu
New Contributor II

It is a 32 bit tiff. I tried that no data value, but now it doesn't work even as a raster image. Metsa2.tif is the one with -3.40282 value and that displays properly as a raster. Nothing works as an elevation source.

0 Kudos
DanSocaciu
New Contributor II

Solved now, I just had to run the raster to tin tool, and use the tin file as an elevation source.