Problem with Summarize elevation

09-07-2021 05:49 AM
LucieBaránková
New Contributor

Hello, 

I am using ArcGIS Pro, version 2.6.0

I have problem with summarize elevation tool. I have three datasets and two of them worked without problem, just with the third I´ve got error messages: 

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Y:\Tools\Elevation\scripts\sumelevation.py", line 621, in execute
in_mem_out = self.computePointStats(tempOut, feature_id_field, dem_resolution, "all", feat_desc.ShapeType, feat_count, inputExt)
File "Y:\Tools\Elevation\scripts\sumelevation.py", line 318, in computePointStats
arcpy.CalculateField_management(zone_features, "MinElevation", "CalcVal(!SHAPE!, '{0}')".format(dem_layer_elevation), "PYTHON", calcValFunction)
File "c:\program files\arcgis\server\arcpy\arcpy\management.py", line 3647, in CalculateField
raise e
ExecuteError: ERROR 000539: Error running expression: CalcVal(GPVARIANTOBJECT0, 'D_24m_sumelev')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<expression>", line 1, in <module>
File "<string>", line 5, in CalcVal
File "c:\program files\arcgis\server\arcpy\arcpy\management.py", line 17279, in GetCellValue
raise e
ExecuteError: ERROR 000622: Failed to execute (Get Cell Value). Parameters are not valid.
ERROR 000628: Cannot set input into parameter location_point.

Failed to execute (CalculateField).
Failed to execute (SummarizeElevation).
Failed.

Does anyone know what to do with this? I checked the data set and everything is in the same format as the previous two datasets that worked well..

Thank you very much

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
7 Replies
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@LucieBaránková convert to TIF and try again. FGDB rasters aren't the optimum medium for raster analysis.

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

How many features are there in the Point Layer?

The maximum number of input features is 1,000. If more than 1,000 input features are provided, the tool will return an error and will not execute.

Think Location
0 Kudos
LucieBaránková
New Contributor

Hello, there are only 25 features, so this should be ok. I am just a little bit confused because the first error says "line 621,...". There is no line 621 in my dataset.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you restart ArcGIS Pro and give it a try again?

Think Location
0 Kudos
LucieBaránková
New Contributor

That was the first thing I did 🙂 did not help

0 Kudos
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@LucieBaránková run check geometry and, if necessary, repair geometry. You may have empty geometries in there.

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
LucieBaránková
New Contributor

Ok I will try it, thanks 🙂

0 Kudos