Select to view content in your preferred language

Problem with importing an IFC file into arcgis pro (lack of properties)

08-08-2024 02:33 AM
jankowalski1997
New Contributor II

I am a new user of ArcGIS Pro, so I hope to explain my problem clearly. When trying to import an IFC file into ArcGIS Pro, I would like to assign it a proper coordinate system. After adding a folder from which I am going to import the file in the Catalog pane, I cannot access its 'properties' as there is no such option. In every tutorial video I have watched, people can access the properties of their layer while still in the Catalog pane and not in the Contents pane. In the screenshot, you can see my available options.

jankowalski1997_0-1723109343937.png

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AndreasHall
Esri Contributor

What version of ArcGIS Pro are you using?

0 Kudos
jankowalski1997
New Contributor II

ArcGIS Pro 2.8.8

0 Kudos
jankowalski1997
New Contributor II

Arcgis Pro 2.8.8

0 Kudos
AndreasHall
Esri Contributor

That is a quite old version. I guess the tutorials you are using use a newer version of Pro.

Here are some instructions on how to georeference an IFC in Pro 2.8: Georeference BIM data—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

0 Kudos
jankowalski1997
New Contributor II

Thank you for the tutorial, it's always some progress. My project already has the correct coordinate system and units assigned. As far as I know, the IFC file also has the coordinate system defined, but when I add it to the 3D composition, nothing is displayed. However, when I add it to the 2D composition, I can see the overhead projection.

0 Kudos
AndreasHall
Esri Contributor

Can it be that it is placed below ground in the 3D view?

0 Kudos
jankowalski1997
New Contributor II

There is such a possibility, but I am not able to confirm it. When I try to use the "Zoom to Layer" option, nothing changes, the view remains the same.

0 Kudos
DA_BIM-GIS
Esri Contributor

Hello @jankowalski1997 

Pro 2.8.8 does not supports ifc . You will need to upgrade to 2.9 or newer

David

David

0 Kudos