Select to view content in your preferred language

Problem with Deep Learning python environment after ArcPro update.

06-27-2020 08:28 AM
WilliamHarbert
New Contributor III

Hello, I updated ArcPro and my python environments seems to be not working.  I can attempt to switch python environments to the Deep Learning cloned and modified environment, but when I complete the required ArcPro restart, the python environment switches back to the default environment.  This has broken Deep Learning, in that if I try to apply any constructed model I get this error (showing the lack of key software in the default, and incorrect, python environment).

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Note the error related to the incorrect Python environment.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
WilliamHarbert
New Contributor III

So I tried another installation of ArcPro,  un-updated, and got this error saying this package is not installed!

But, surprise, the package is installed!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I followed the directions for installing Deep Learning exactly.

Thank you for looking at this and adding any thoughts.

0 Kudos
WilliamHarbert
New Contributor III

So I built a new deep learning python environment, after updating this other computer to the latest version of ArcPro and now get this error when trying to use my DL model for object detection.  (I'm glad the proper Python environment is being used!)

0 Kudos
WilliamHarbert
New Contributor III

So I installed an earlier version of pytorch and verified torch vision was installed in the python environment.  Both were

Then trying to do object detection using my model resulted in the same error as begins this thread:

This is quite strange.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
WilliamHarbert
New Contributor III

Problem solved,  I rebuilt a new python image on a computer with a newer graphics card, then installed everything to the latest versions, followed exactly some error message telling me to downgrade pytorch, which I cut and pasted out of the ArcPro error statement and into the python window (being careful to have the python window in Administrator permissions, and then everything worked.  This has been resolved.

0 Kudos