Problem with Deep Learning and update to ArcGIS Pro 3.1.1.

05-16-2023 10:03 AM
Labels (1)
WilliamHarbert
Regular Contributor

Hello, I was using Deep Learning (installed for ArcGIS Pro 3.1 from the github site), but when I updated to ArcGIS 3.1.1 I get the errors shown below from all of my notebooks.   This has stopped my work.

Could someone please help me understand how to fix this?

Here are the errors:

-----------------------------------------Statement that causes the errors shown below---------------------

# Import necessary ArcGIS Python API tools:

from arcgis.learn import SingleShotDetector, prepare_data

---------------------------Errors generated from the statement above-------------------------
OSError                                   Traceback (most recent call last)
In  [6]:
Line 3:     from arcgis.learn import SingleShotDetector, prepare_data

File C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\lib\site-packages\arcgis\learn\__init__.py, in <module>:
Line 2:     from . import _utils

File C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\lib\site-packages\arcgis\learn\_utils\__init__.py, in <module>:
Line 6:     from .coco_detection_utils import nested_tensor_from_tensor_list

File C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\lib\site-packages\arcgis\learn\_utils\coco_detection_utils.py, in <module>:
Line 16:    import torch

File C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\lib\site-packages\torch\__init__.py, in <module>:
Line 134:   raise err

OSError: [WinError 126] The specified module could not be found. Error loading "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\lib\site-packages\torch\lib\torch_python.dll" or one of its dependencies.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
8 Replies
WilliamHarbert
Regular Contributor

I am uninstalling everything following the directions on the github site.  I am now reinstalling everything and will update everyone.

WilliamHarbert
Regular Contributor

I installed everything from scratch.  First I installed arcgis Pro 3.1.  I then updated 3.1 to 3.1.1 and I then installed the Deep Learning tools for 3.1 from the github site. 

Now I cannot load any notebook, including a new empty one.  The error reads "Failed to load notebook". 

ArcGISDL_Error.JPG

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Zihao_Zheng
Emerging Contributor

I also updated the latest version of arcgis pro, but when I launch the model training tool after producing the training data, the software crashes after I select the training data. I tried several times but to none success. I also tested the same data in the 3.0.1 version and it runs fine. 

0 Kudos
WilliamHarbert
Regular Contributor

Thank you for this comment in the thread.  I'm not sure how to fix this.  I found another thread with basically the same problem, but it was never resolved either.  Question is still unanswered. 

I'm not sure what do to.  I've uninstalled/restarted/installed the software multiple times now.  Deep Learning simply will not work after this update to ArcGIS 3.1.1

0 Kudos
Zihao_Zheng
Emerging Contributor

BTW, I tried to solve this problem by uninstalling the latest arcgis pro and installing the 3.0.2 version. since I need to re-install the suitable library file that for 3.0.2, however, there is no official program to uninstall the library previous version. Even, it still unwork when you delete everything that contain arcgis pro in your pc after run uninstall program of arcgis pro. Maybe, reinstall windows is the simple way.

0 Kudos
WilliamHarbert
Regular Contributor

Thank you for this idea. 

Unfortunately I cannot downgrade to ArcGIS Pro 3.0, that's just impossible.  I saved my data in the 3.1 format too.  Also, reinstalling all of WIndows is not an option because of the many other applications I have installed on this workstation. 

0 Kudos
PeterGeorge_GEOJobe
Emerging Contributor

I'm currently having the same issue with Pro 3.1. Reinstalled as well to no avail. 

0 Kudos
WilliamHarbert
Regular Contributor

I updated to 3.1.2 and repaired the Deep Learning parts (by relaunching the DL installer after reboot).  I cannot even open a notebook.  No change.

0 Kudos