Problem with cloning the initial conda environment

08-11-2021 04:21 PM
EldarBaykiev
New Contributor

I've just installed fresh ArcGIS pRO 2.8.0 and when I try to clone the default environment (with command conda create --clone=arcgispro-py3 -p "C:\deeplearningenv" )  I get this this error:

ERROR conda.core.link:_execute(700): An error occurred while installing package 'esri::arcgis-1.8.5-py37_1783'.

5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you are just trying to install deep learning libraries in your environment then you can directly use an installer from here https://github.com/Esri/deep-learning-frameworks. You do not need to clone the environment in that case. However your environment cloning is failing due to some other reason. I recommend you to close all instances of ArcGIS Pro and Python command Prompt before doing so.

0 Kudos
PhilipJOrlando
New Contributor

@Anonymous User, this is not a solution to the underlying problem. I am also experiencing this issue with ArcGIS Pro 2.8.1 when trying to clone the default arcgispro-py3 conda environment. Can esri provide an actual solution to this bug?

conda create --clone arcgispro-py3 --name arcgispro-py3-clone
# ERROR conda.core.link:_execute(700): An error occurred while installing package 'esri::arcgis-1.8.5-py37_1783'.

Tags (5)
timmhitchis
New Contributor

@Anonymous User I am also unable to clone the default conda environment after an installation of  ArcGIS Pro 2.8.1. A solution would be welcome. 

DirtDogRoj
New Contributor III

I'm using 2.9.3 and also experiencing an issue cloning the default environment.  The dialog won't go away after clicking OK a half hour ago.  The list of errors I see when hovering over the octagonal exclamation point icon are long and extensive.  Most of the errors mention jupyter in some capacity.  I am unable to select and copy the text from the pop-up window for posting it with details here.