Select to view content in your preferred language

Problem: Slow Map Series loading with large Projects

08-30-2022 07:36 PM
Connie
by
New Contributor

I've noticed a significant increase in loading time/enabling of the Map Series in Layout Properties in Pro projects as more layouts/maps are added to a project. For a fresh project this loads almost instantly, but for larger projects this is increased to several minutes (I've waited 20mins before). Is this a known issue for larger projects? Or perhaps there is a work-around out there?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

What version of ArcGIS Pro are you using? In 2.8 upgrades were made to help address this problem. If you are using an earlier version I recommend updating. 

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos
MattHowe
Frequent Contributor

This is a really frustrating issue. I'm using Pro 3.0.2 and I've just reached 15 minutes in trying to open the map series properties in the layout properties window.

0 Kudos
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

That's not good. It shouldn't take that long to open a properties window.

Unfortunately, without more information about your specific project and machine setup I can't tell you if this is a bug or if something else is going on. For this case I'd recommend reaching out to technical support. They can do more advanced troubleshooting, hopefully fixing the issue. And if there is a bug they can get it to the right team to fix.

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos