Pro Parcel Fabric Feature Service Issue

07-17-2019 12:53 PM
MichaelSnook
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All,

I am attempting to experiment with the new Parcel Fabric in ArcGIS Pro and running into some issues with the feature service.  It seems to work the first time I publish the service and added the Fabric to a new project.  Editing seems to work as expected but typically, when I attempt to re-open the project the fabric will appear with red exclamation marks next to all of the layers.  If I try to add it back to a fresh map I get a 'Failed to add data: 0' error.

I can republish the service and the fabric in the original ArcGIS Pro project will load again fine.

Any ideas?

FYI - running ArcGIS Server 10.7.1 on one machine federated with Portal on another machine.  The fabric is stored in PostGreSQL 11 running on my local machine (for testing purposes mainly).

Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Mike,

You are ahead of the game!

A map can only contain one parcel fabric and perhaps you are seeing it because you are trying to add a second parcel fabric to the same map?!

In any case - it would be good to log issues you suspect as bugs with technical support so we can track and fix any bugs.

I assume you are using ArcGIS Pro 2.4.

Thanks,

Amir

0 Kudos
MichaelSnook

Hi Amir,

I am not attempting to add a second fabric to the map.  It happened again this morning when I opened my saved project with the published fabric in it. If I click one of the red exclamation marks it gives me a 'Cannot connect to datasource' message/error.  When I attempt to re-add the fabric I do that from a brand new 'Start without a template' project in Pro.  I am on 2.4.  When I re-publish the fabric it comes back to life.

I'll put in a support ticket.

Mike  

0 Kudos
MichaelSnook

I was finally able to install PostGres on another server rather than my local machine and this issue has gone away. I still cannot connect to the fabric service from the postgres instance on my local machine more than once (after a restart of my machine).

0 Kudos
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

Michael Snook- the technical support analyst is trying to get a hold of you for the last 2 weeks to get to the bottom of this. Please get in touch with him.

0 Kudos
MichaelSnook

Hi Amir,

Yes, we put the case on hold about a week ago and I emailed the support analyst via my case number mail thread once I tested this out and got it working...waiting to hear back to see what's next.  

Thanks, Mike

0 Kudos