Select to view content in your preferred language

Pro login

05-21-2023 02:41 AM
mikecoalsearch
New Contributor

I am a user in an organisation that has lisensed arc gis basic single use which includes pro. I have downloaded pro to the licensed machine but cannot login in because all my users get the error message public account? Help please as Esri do not provide a solution just lots of circular vubage that lead nowhere!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Todd_Metzler
Frequent Contributor

Have you read ArcGIS Pro Licensing Help

The license authorization for ArcGIS Pro is user specific and stored in the user's profile.  Each user must set up license access in their own profile even if there is a single license file and a single ArcGIS Pro installation.  One at a time, have each user sign into the computer and follow the instructions to authorize with a single use license.

0 Kudos
mikepeace
New Contributor

Thanks for the above. I've already read that and it makes no sense with the options i have. My organisation does not seem to have any of the member options everything refers to, no members just users, cannot create named users nor user types, nor can i allocate them a license etc driving me nuts and esri do not provide proper support considering the fees, 9am to 5am Monday to Friday, really?? It all seems to revolve around the public or organisation? I have an organisation which was created 8 years ago where i can see my licenses etc but it doesn't appear to have all the options that all the documents refer to.

0 Kudos
mikepeace
New Contributor

9am to 5pm.

0 Kudos
Todd_Metzler
Frequent Contributor

Have you authorized the license for use already?  If no, double click on the license file to launch the authorization wizard.

Ensure the authorized license is stored in a location accessable by the users of the computer and ArcGIS Pro app.  On a Windows client computer, <OS drive> C:\Users\Public\Documents\ArcGIS works.

Then here's what each user must do:

Todd_Metzler_0-1684673107658.png

0 Kudos
LeslieUK
Esri Contributor

Hello,

So you may be having an issue if you have only applied the ArcGIS Desktop licence on your machine. THis would only licence ArcMap.

If you are looking to licence ArcGIS Pro, this would be separate from the ArcGIS Desktop licence and would be either licenced via its own single-use licence (Where you would go to My Esri to create a new licence file for ArcGIS Pro specifically) or via named user (Where you add-on an ArcGIS Pro licence to your ArcGIS Online user account. Once it's added on, you just need to log into ArcGIS Pro)

Assign and manage ArcGIS Pro licenses in ArcGIS Online—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

I hope this helps!

~Just trying to fix things~
0 Kudos