Pro crashes when trying to open a specific project

07-11-2018 08:22 AM
IngridMans
Occasional Contributor II

I have a primary Arc Pro project which contains all of my main content that I use on a daily basis. Ever since upgrading to 2.2, Pro crashes whenever I open that project on startup of Pro, with the error message that ArcGIS Pro encountered a serious issue and could not continue and the option to send an error report.

If I open a different project, however, and from there open the problem project, it is fine. I have been unable to identify what the issue is with that project file or contents.

0 Kudos
19 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Can you recall what tool you were using during or right before Pro crashed?  If so, maybe you can try the operation on a new aprx file and see if you can duplicate the crash.

0 Kudos
kathyhardinwalker
Occasional Contributor

Editing tools/editing tool tab.

Kathy

0 Kudos
kathyhardinwalker
Occasional Contributor

I was thinking, my project is on the network too, so not just the data, but the document as well.

Kathy

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

I would simplify the aprx setup as much as possible to see if your network and it's interaction with Pro is the root cause of your frequent crashes.

0 Kudos
kathyhardinwalker
Occasional Contributor

Thank you!

Kathy

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

I used to believe the submitting the crash report to the automatic ESRI thing was like pushing the close door button on an elevator: a twisted social experiment to see how many suckers actually believed it functioned. I have since learned, with Pro at least, those error reports, each one of them, get attention. So keep pushing Submit!

GabrielMarcus1

Really? 0 of mine get attention. I generated 8 of them today. Do I need to use spicier language in my error description?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Gabriel, they don't actually respond/reply/email you unless they need more information.

In fact, when they do need more information, they do contact you.  I have had that situation and they can tell me the complete record of the reports I have submitted on a particular incident.  Once they get a 'fix' for an issue, it gets rolled out to a patch.

They do acknowledge that your error report has been submitted when you submit it.  I don't think getting another email or a personalized response is the best use of time.

Just keep submitting... they aren't ignored for sure.

Now if anyone from esri wants to dispute my assertion… step in

0 Kudos
GabrielMarcus1

"They do acknowledge that your error report has been submitted when you submit it. "Dan Patterson

I've never gotten an acknowledgement.  Maybe something is broken for me, or you are just special?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

it appears on the message in when the error report is sent... tinyish type..  I will screen grab next time I get one

0 Kudos