Is it possible to use HANA geodatabase and replication together?

Jump to solution
05-24-2018 04:45 AM
BugraOtken
New Contributor III

Hello all,

I wonder if it is possible to use HANA 2.0 and replication feature together? According to my searchs, to use HANA as an enterprise geodatabase, we should use ArcGIS Pro not ArcGIS for Desktop. But when i check ArcGIS Pro features, i can not see replication feature.

We are going to use geometric network on HANA (2.0 probably) and we want to replicate these datasets. ArcGIS for Desktop can replicate but can not connect to HANA enterprise geodatabase. 

What would be your solution for this situation? Do we have to use ArcGIS for Desktop for replicating and ArcGIS Pro for connecting and editing data on HANA?

Thanks in advance!

Bugra

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

At this moment, No.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

You can't use the SAP HANA geodatabase for replication at this moment.

ArcGIS Desktop cannot connect to it, to create the Replica.

You cannot create or connect to geodatabases in SAP HANA from ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcGlobe, or ArcScene.

SAP HANA database requirements for ArcGIS Pro 2.1—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

And the Replica toolset is presently not available for ArcGIS Pro:

Tools that are not available in ArcGIS Pro—Appendices | ArcGIS Desktop 

So, you will have to wait till either ArcGIS Desktop can connect to SAP HANA geodatabase or the Replica toolsets are available in a future release of ArcGIS Pro.

BugraOtken
New Contributor III

Thank you Mr.SenGupta for your reply,

Is it possible to achieve replication to SAP HANA by Python scripts in either platforms? (ArcGIS Desktop or Pro)

0 Kudos
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

At this moment, No.

CarlosNoveroy
New Contributor

Hello Users,

Today at january 9th 2019, does any one can use SAP HANA geodatabase for replication?

Still we must to wait for future arcgispro version?

Thanks in advance

Carlos

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I would say no, replication is not available in SAP HANA. Please see the following docs:

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/data/databases/database-requirements-sap-hana.htm 

Geodatabases in SAP HANA—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Replication is also not supported via ArcGIS Pro client at this time. Tools that are not available in ArcGIS Pro—Appendices | ArcGIS Desktop 

--- George T.
CarlosNoveroy
New Contributor

Dear George,

Thanks for your answer,

Do you know the ArcGisPro´s roadmap for this issue, ie, replication with

HANA with arcgispro?

Thanks in advance

Carlos Noveroy Calderón

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I do not, however I would follow this post as it is updated with the latest  information: https://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/arcgis-pro/blog/2018/02/02/arcgis-pro-roadmap 

--- George T.
0 Kudos
CarlosNoveroy
New Contributor

Excellent, thank you very much

Carlos Noveroy Calderón

0 Kudos