Pro Basemap Sort Options

Jump to solution
03-21-2021 04:44 PM
Labels (1)
Steve_SchunzelAtTacoma
New Contributor III

Hello, 

Is there any way to change the sort order of the basemaps in Pro?  I'm trying to create a curated basemap group tied to our AGO organization and the webmaps in the group seem be appearing in a random order.  Both AGO and ArcMap honors the sort setting, but Pro doesn't.  What am I missing?

Thanks!

Steve Schunzel, GISP
Enterprise GIS Technical Lead
City of Tacoma | Information Technology
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShelleySchott
Esri Contributor

@Steve_SchunzelAtTacoma , there is an existing enhancement request for the Sorting Basemaps in ArcGIS Pro to reflect the settings in Portal. I assume this is also the case for the ArcGIS online Basemap Group settings.

The enhancement number is: ENH-000129907: Sorting Basemaps in Portal for ArcGIS not reflected in ArcGIS Pro. 

Shelley Schott
Senior Consultant, Esri Australia

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ShelleySchott
Esri Contributor

@Steve_SchunzelAtTacoma , there is an existing enhancement request for the Sorting Basemaps in ArcGIS Pro to reflect the settings in Portal. I assume this is also the case for the ArcGIS online Basemap Group settings.

The enhancement number is: ENH-000129907: Sorting Basemaps in Portal for ArcGIS not reflected in ArcGIS Pro. 

Shelley Schott
Steve_SchunzelAtTacoma
New Contributor III

Thank you @ShelleySchott!  How do I up vote this?  

Steve Schunzel, GISP
Enterprise GIS Technical Lead
City of Tacoma | Information Technology
0 Kudos
ShelleySchott
Esri Contributor

@Steve_SchunzelAtTacoma , you can log a support case with your local Esri Support . They can attach your case to this Enhancement in the support system.

An alternative is to create an ArcGIS Idea where the Esri Community can vote it up.

Shelley Schott
0 Kudos
Matt-Huser
Occasional Contributor

FYI, this enhancement/bug request was deployed in ArcGIS Pro 3.1 and I can confirm it is honoring the settings of our Basemap group from AGOL.

https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDE1MTAxMg