Pro & Desktop Auto Completing Sketch Issue

01-31-2022 02:15 PM
hherrmann_coj
Occasional Contributor

Hello all!

I have been having an issue over the last week in both ArcGIS for Desktop, and ArcGIS Pro.  When drawing new polygons and polylines, my sketch is being auto completed when I'm not finished drawing.  I even changed the batteries in my mouse in case it was something that simple but I am still having the issue. 

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, have you found a resolution for it? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

When you create a new feature, there are a few ways to complete the sketch.  You can double-click to finish the sketch, click the green check on the toolbar bottom center of the map, click the F2 key on your keyboard, or use a right-click and select Finish.  This will complete the feature creation process.  By chance are you double clicking too quick when creating vertices for the lines or polygons?

hherrmann_coj
Occasional Contributor

I know how to complete sketches but for some reason, the application is completing it for me when I'm not ready for it to do so.  I believe I noticed it after we upgraded to the latest version of ArcMap but since it's happening in Pro, too, that likely isn't why.  It's extremely frustrating.  

0 Kudos