Select to view content in your preferred language

Pro 3.0 won't show feature service

08-11-2022 08:34 AM
BradGeorgic
New Contributor III

When I reopen a project (aprx) made in Pro 3.0 the feature services I built the map from do not display.  If I id on the map they do ID however no features are displayed on the map.  If I insert a new map, they don't display either.

If I add the features services to a fresh project  they do display.

Feature service is from ArcGIS Server 10.7.1  Everything worked fine in ArcGIS Pro 2.9

12 Replies
RexRobichaux
Occasional Contributor

Hey Brad, 

We are seeing this same issue while testing out upgrading to Pro 3.0.2. We have a editable feature service published with Pro 2.9.2 to a 10.7.1 GIS Server and data resides in a 10.7.1 Oracle geodatabase.

We had no issues in 2.9.2, but in 3.0.2, the attributes display, you can even ID features in the map, but nothing will display/draw no matter what we do. Interestingly, we have map services published from 10.7.1 Desktop that display just fine. Very perplexing.... thanks for any info you can provide!

BradGeorgic
New Contributor III

SAME THING except from SQL dbase.  I worked with ESRI support, but they were not able to provide a solution.  I went back to 2.9  I understand we are a few versions back with server, but why does the feature service open initially, and upon reopen still ID the feature? Very frustrating

RexRobichaux
Occasional Contributor

Yeah I think we will be staying at 2.9 for a bit as well.  Once things calm down around here, we'll try creating a Esri Support case to get this logged as a bug if it's not already (or the culprit identified...but it feels pretty buggy to us). I'm surprised this hasn't been logged already- I imagine we aren't the only ones consuming editable feature services (even if it's just from SDE databases)....

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Perusing the internals, there have been Esri Support calls about this question and ultimately it came down to upgrading ArcGIS Enterprise to within 2 version differences of ArcGIS Pro to ArcGIS Enterprise.  For example, ArcGIS Pro 2.9 will work with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1 but for reasons yet unknown, ArcGIS Pro 3.0.x has the display issues noted with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1 services.  Esri analysts did test ArcGIS Pro 3.0.x against ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.x services and it appears to have worked for them BUT your environments are such that we cannot control - this introduces additional points of failure that Esri Support Services can't tell.  The analyst provided a migration guide of things to consider from 2.x to 3.0.

Not an ideal response I know but this is what I've learned thus far...

JasonCiak
New Contributor III

I'm experiencing the same - I have a client who is connecting to my ArcGIS Server Feature Service using an ArcGIS Server username/password.  While they are able to login and add layers to the map as well as connect to my ArcGIS Server using the credentials, loading the feature service loads all the layers and symbology as the feature service was published in the contents pane however nothing displays.  When opening the Attribute table I am receiving an "Authentication Token Required 499" error even though they previously entered their credentials while logging in.  A Map Service that I published along with the Feature Service loads fine and displays.

I think the error you are experiencing with regard to selection showing the ID but nothing displaying is due to ArcGIS Pro Cache - I set mine to clear every time it closes and now it doesn't show up at all.

2.9 works fine.  3.0.2 is no good.  My ArcGIS Server is Server 10.5.1 - a little older but it sounds like 10.7 is also seeing the same based on the above.

Need a fix here...

RexRobichaux
Occasional Contributor

I just wanted to follow-up and say I've gone ahead and also submitted an ESS case to try to get this either identified as a new defect, or attached to an existing one for Pro 3.0.x. In case anyone else submits similar cases, my case # is: 03217144

I'll update this once I have some news to share from more troubleshooting with Esri Support Services. 

RexRobichaux
Occasional Contributor

Well that was fast... I should have refreshed my email prior to posting. I believe a bug for this behavior has been identified and my case has been attached to it. It looks like it's to be patched/fixed and is in the product plan: 

• Bug number: BUG-000152000
  • Synopsis: Geometry of secured feature services added from a standalone ArcGIS Server does not render in ArcGIS Pro 3.0.x. 
  • Type: Usability

I hope this helps folks-

-Rex

EricRedmond
New Contributor II

Thanks for sending that along. I've had a support case open for 3 weeks now with this issue and no resolution yet. I just sent that bug to my support case and hopefully they can provide some more information. 

JasonCiak
New Contributor III

Rex,

Much appreciated update on the topic as I figured this would eventually get identified as a bug.  I tried searching for that BUG# and couldn't come up with anything specific.  Was that a hyperlink to a public page not related to your case in what you copied and pasted?  Just looking to keep an eye on it.

Thank you!