Pro 2.9.2 crashing when clicking on a symbol or opening the symbology window

Jump to solution
09-22-2022 01:45 PM
PiperMcKinnon1
New Contributor III

Starting mid-day today all users in our organization are experiencing crashes of Pro 2.9.2 when we attempt any interaction with symbology, whether by clicking in the Contents pane or opening the Symbology pane. We have tried some fixes found in older posts and bug reports, including changing the rendering engine to OpenGL, clearing the display cache and running a repair, all to no avail. We will look into whether there have been OS or network changes next, but are wondering if anyone else is seeing this issue appear.

104 Replies
Tony_DLR22
New Contributor III

So far this solution worked for us. We're running ArcGIS Pro 2.9.4. 

0 Kudos
RicciLucas
New Contributor III

can you provide the dotnet download?

PiperMcKinnon1
New Contributor III

Here is the download site https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet-framework, however the latest appears to be 4.8.1. 

Daniel_Schmidt where are you sourcing 4.8.4?

BarbaraKent
New Contributor II

I was just assisted by Jacob at Esri Support Services for this same issue. Installing .NET 4.8.1 did the trick. Seems this became an issue with the most recent Windows 11 update (on 9/26/22).  

Daniel_Schmidt
Esri Contributor

I believe I missed typed - should have been 4.8.1

0 Kudos
RicciLucas
New Contributor III

Thanks! I figured it was 4.8.1 instead of 4.8.4

This worked for us!

Daniel_Schmidt
Esri Contributor

Hi Piper - can you move to ArcGIS Pro 2.9.4 and let me know if the issue persists?

0 Kudos
PiperMcKinnon1
New Contributor III

HI Daniel, I gave it a try but the issues continues. At this point, we are looking to cut the chase and upgrade to 3.0.2 tomorrow, which we planned to do in 6 weeks anyway.

0 Kudos
Dwarburg
New Contributor II

We are having the same problem in 2.9.4.

0 Kudos
TamsenWaldron
New Contributor II

I have ArcGIS Pro 3.0 and I'm still experiencing this issue.  Help!!!