Pro 2.9.2 crashing when clicking on a symbol or opening the symbology window

Jump to solution
09-22-2022 01:45 PM
Labels (1)
PiperMcKinnon1
New Contributor III

Starting mid-day today all users in our organization are experiencing crashes of Pro 2.9.2 when we attempt any interaction with symbology, whether by clicking in the Contents pane or opening the Symbology pane. We have tried some fixes found in older posts and bug reports, including changing the rendering engine to OpenGL, clearing the display cache and running a repair, all to no avail. We will look into whether there have been OS or network changes next, but are wondering if anyone else is seeing this issue appear.

104 Replies
JLyon
by
New Contributor III

seem to be having same issue as the OP, just started on 1/9/23. Anytime click on symbol to format ArcPro crashes, have replicated in multiple projects, maps, and using different geodatabases. Using 2.9.3 going to install 3.0.3 and see if fixes. Then will seek out patches as well. 

**Fixed by updating patch ArcGIS_Pro_295_181689.msp thanks @GoWest 

0 Kudos
LesliRawlings
New Contributor II
The patch to make it 2.9.5 will work-
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Well, the last time, installing 4.8.1 would fix it, but it has broken again and installing 4.8.1 has no effect, at least with 2.9.3.

So far, the only thing I have found to "fix" this issue is to remove the KB5020881 update (already have 4.8.1).

Hopes this helps someone, at least until the issues with 2.9.4 and above are addressed so we can "move on".

Would be nice if there was a patch for 2.9.3 to fix this.

R_

0 Kudos
ChristopherBerry1
New Contributor II

I am having this issue in v3.1.2. I had removed this newer version and was using v2.9 which seemed to solve the issue however have found project saved in v3 cannot be opened in the older version forcing me to install the newer version again. It appears this issue is widespread and been ongoing for quite some time. I'm not going to get our IT department to alter my windows environment to fix this. The issue needs to be resolved on the ESRI/Arc end. This bug effectively disables the entire program.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

@ChristopherBerry1 if you are experiencing this in Pro 3.1.2 and you have not logged a technical support case, I would highly recommend this.

--- George T.
0 Kudos