Pro 2.6.1: MMPK Annotation problems

Jump to solution
10-08-2020 12:00 PM
MarkCederholm
Occasional Contributor III

Exhibit A:  MMPK generated by Pro 2.5.2:

Exhibit B:  MMPK generated by Pro 2.6.1:

Both are viewed using ArcGIS Runtime, and the problem is seen in 100.6, 7, and 8.  A 2.6.2 example is still cranking.  I'll let you know whether it makes a difference.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkCederholm

It turns out to be a file geodatabase issue again.  If 2.6.2 creates and processes the source file GDB, and then creates the MMPK, it will be bad.  If 2.5.2 creates and processes the file GDB, 2.6.2 will generate a good MMPK.  Since 2.6.x is already known to have multiple issues with file geodatabases, I don't see the value in opening another support case.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MarkCederholm

No difference at 2.6.2.  I'll try upgrading arcpy to the latest version and see if that makes a difference.

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm

No dice.  Back to 2.5.2.  In the meantime, I'm putting together some sample data for Esri tech support.

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm

It turns out to be a file geodatabase issue again.  If 2.6.2 creates and processes the source file GDB, and then creates the MMPK, it will be bad.  If 2.5.2 creates and processes the file GDB, 2.6.2 will generate a good MMPK.  Since 2.6.x is already known to have multiple issues with file geodatabases, I don't see the value in opening another support case.

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm

FYI, I'm still seeing the problem at 2.7.

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm

BUG-000136715

0 Kudos