Pro 2.3 "Input feature class is not registered as versioned"...BUT IT'S A FILE GEODATABASE! AAARRGH!

03-15-2019 05:38 AM
MarkJones7
Occasional Contributor

UPDATE:

WOW, do I feel like a complete tool. Looks like I can't delete this post so I figured the best way to save face is by providing an update regarding my "supposed" issue.

Turns out the reason I was getting my error is because I was trying to geocode addresses on an empty table, which then produced an empty input class, which I then was trying to calculate geometry on..... =[

So, for anyone else that may come across this issue....actually look at the layer that is giving you the error, rather than, like me, jumping to huge conclusions that the program sucks and it's sole purpose is to ruin your day.

That is all.

=]

=======================================================================================

Clearly, I am a tad frustrated. =[

After updating to Pro 2.3 I am suddenly unable to to calculate geometry on a File Geodatabase Feature Class because every time I do I receive the error: "Input feature class is not registered as versioned"

I click the handy error link and it takes me to a page that explains how to register your feature class as versioned.....but I don't need it to be! Also, it clearly states that " File geodatabases don't support versioning. " Soooooooo.......

I  have checked the settings in arcgis Pro and do not see anything that allows me to declare that I want to work with Non-Versioned data.

This is really killing me as it has brought to a complete halt a major, daily task, that I need to run.

Any input/guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

8 Replies
BrianBaldwin
Esri Regular Contributor

Mark, not that helpful of a suggestion, but have you updated to Pro 2.3.1?

-----------------------------------

Brian Baldwin, Esri Inc., Lead Solution Engineer
https://www.linkedin.com/in/baldwinbrian
0 Kudos
MarkJones7
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the input Brian. I haven't updated to that version yet, but as my update to my post explains.....turns out it is a PICNIC issue and not the software. =]

PICNIC = Problem In Chair Not In Computer

BrianBaldwin
Esri Regular Contributor

No worries Mark! We have all been there. Glad you were able to figure it out!

-----------------------------------

Brian Baldwin, Esri Inc., Lead Solution Engineer
https://www.linkedin.com/in/baldwinbrian
0 Kudos
DrewFlater
Esri Regular Contributor

Good can come from any post. We've fixed this now in ArcGIS Pro 2.4 alpha software so that if the input data is empty, Calculate Geometry returns a helpful error. Thank you for posting.

MarkJones7
Occasional Contributor

Very cool! Thanks for letting us know Drew!

0 Kudos
PeterHannah1
New Contributor II

I'm running Pro 2.4.2 and am getting the "Input feature class is not registered as versioned" error when I try to calculate geometry on a file geodatabase.  What is the workaround?

0 Kudos
Martin_Döllerer
New Contributor III

The same error message appears in Version 2.5.1, when you add a new field and invoke Calculate Geometry while a join is active, by the way...

Calculate Field works...

0 Kudos
Adi_Lebron
New Contributor II

The same thing is happening in 2.6.

0 Kudos