Predictive Analysis Using Point Data

03-11-2022 12:04 PM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello!

To quickly outline the project I am working on: I have X,Y point data over a 5 year period of conflicts within a region (can be filtered by year if need be) and X,Y point data of energy facilities (powerplants, solar farms, etc.). What I want to accomplish is utilizing the 5 years of point data predict 5 years in the future what conflict will look like around the power plant facilities. In theory if I could show the progression or regression of conflict the power plant location isn't completely necessary and can just fade into the background?

I am not the most experienced user so I am just trying to conceptually wrap my brain around the idea. I've seen predictive analysis (the lesson I tried was more about machine learning within imagery), trend analysis, and interpolation. Am I over complicating this? Any help would be appreciated! I know where I want to go I am just having a hard time getting there...

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BryndaHatch
Esri Contributor

How many points do you have?  Hundreds or Thousands?  Your answer will determine the best approach to take.  You need thousands to get a tool like Find Hot Spots or Emerging Hot Spot Analysis (Space-Time Pattern Mining)  to work properly.  

There's also a Time Series Forecasting toolset here: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/tool-reference/space-time-pattern-mining/an-overview-of-the...

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Brynda,

Thank you for your response! I have over 5,000 points over a 5 year span. I will research the tools provided further to see what I can do!

0 Kudos