PDF export increased file size

Jump to solution
02-17-2021 08:37 AM
Labels (1)
Maryse
by
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I am having a strange issue with the export PDF function, of ArcGIS Pro. I have been exporting PDF for many months (with the same settings). However, since a couple of weeks (2-3), files that were previously 1,000 KB (once exported) are now more than 25,000 KB!

I have been using the same Pro projects for months (same basemap, layout, overall same layers etc.) I created a new project/session from scratch, changed the export setting, tried with different basemap, etc; but the issue remains. 

*NOTE 1 - I have the same problem with Pro 2.5, 2.6 or 2.7.

*NOTE 2 - I have two workaround at the moment : exporting to PDF and then optimizing the file to reduce the size (not ideal for basemap quality) OR using the printing to PDF function (but I can't edit the PDF afterward which I sometimes need to do).

Many thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnSobetzer
Frequent Contributor

Is the reason you can't edit the pdf afterwards because it is all or mostly rasterized?  In your export layout settings do you have output as image checked?

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JohnSobetzer
Frequent Contributor

Is the reason you can't edit the pdf afterwards because it is all or mostly rasterized?  In your export layout settings do you have output as image checked?