Patch (symbol) in legend randomly rotating

Jump to solution
08-16-2021 08:42 AM
Kyle_Kaskie
New Contributor II

I have a layer in my legend where the patch is randomly rotating when refreshed. The patch needs to remain unrotated. At times it will export straight, while other times it'll export at a rotated 45 degrees.  I can exit the project when it is rotated, return and it'll be straight again; I'll go about my business and it will be rotated again.

I have not come across any settings or solutions to why this may be occurring. 

I am using 2.8, when it was opened in 2.7 it was straightened out. If another Pro user opens the project it will again be straight. 

Kyle_Kaskie_0-1629128390023.png

When page is refreshed:

Kyle_Kaskie_1-1629128435550.png

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kyle, 

Sounds like you are running into a bug. Currently, I'm unaware of any open issue that matches your description. Without more information it is next to impossible to troubleshoot your specific case. 

Can you contact Esri Support? They are better equipped to handle troubleshooting steps and gather bug data. They can be contacted at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.

Thanks,

Tom

View solution in original post

7 Replies
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kyle, 

Sounds like you are running into a bug. Currently, I'm unaware of any open issue that matches your description. Without more information it is next to impossible to troubleshoot your specific case. 

Can you contact Esri Support? They are better equipped to handle troubleshooting steps and gather bug data. They can be contacted at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.

Thanks,

Tom

NR-ColeEricksonGISS
New Contributor

I have also been having this issue, its sort of frustrating but not the end of the world. Would be nice if it would stop rotating on me. It seems to match the nearest symbol on the map closest to that specific legend item. 

0 Kudos
Kyle_Kaskie
New Contributor II

Well at least I am not alone, I wasn't finding much on it. The only fix I have found thus far is converting the legend to a graphic before exporting. This is ok when the map isn't changing much, but the graphic needs to be recreated every time something new needs to be added to the legend. 

Now that you mention the patch matching the nearest symbol on the map, I'm seeing that as well.

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kyle, 

Were you able to submit a bug with support?  Until we are able to get a reproducible case to a developer the likelihood of fixing this issue is not very high. 

Tom

Kyle_Kaskie
New Contributor II

At the time of the issue I only had a short window for access to the products and data I was using. I no longer have access so I have not had this issue since but am also not creating the same products as before. I am sure I can and will try to recreate the issue on my own as this will most likely be something I run into down the road. 

Thanks for following up,

Kyle  

ASHAFFER
New Contributor II

I'm encountering this as well and will submit a report!

0 Kudos
Kyle_Kaskie
New Contributor II

I believe they have marked this as addressed in Pro 2.9.

0 Kudos