Parcel Analysis Question

02-04-2022 01:06 PM
BennyNein
New Contributor III

Hello,

I was hoping for some help with an assignment that I have. I will do my best to explain the situation. 

I have a layer in ArcGIS Pro that consists of 800 parcels in a municipality. This "parcel" layer as I call it has an owner field and a total acreage field. 

My assignment is to find the parcels that are owned by the same owner and create a new layer that merges the parcels owned by the same owner into a new parcel polygon feature. I want to keep in mind that there are multiple parcels owned by the same owners. 

Once I do that and have my new layer I want to do an analysis and find all of those new parcels that are greater than 10 acres. 

I'm willing to try any method of doing this whether it's a query, python script, using the GUI. I just can't come up with the steps in my mind and I'd appreciate any help. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Select Layer by Attribute,  query on the owner's name in the field that contains the owner names

Then right-click on the layer, export data to save the results

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JoshSaad1
Occasional Contributor II
You can try dissolving the parcels by owner name, using the acreage as the statistics field. Then select any parcels whose sum acreage are greater than 10.
0 Kudos