Select to view content in your preferred language

Page query value not being recognized by map series in ArcGIS Pro

03-01-2017 08:16 AM
JonathanAllan
New Contributor

I recently imported an mxd containing data driven pages into ArcGIS Pro (v1.4). Everything seemed to come in great and I can navigate between the various maps (text etc shows correctly for each page). However, the symbology of two of my layers are not showing up; in the original DDP, these would only be visualized as one cycled through each respective DDP map. The only way I have been able to view the symbology is to deactivate the page query (set to none). Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a workaround? Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JimThomas
New Contributor III

I am experiencing this same issue.  It's driving me crazy.  I haven't found any workaround, but I did see that there was a page query bug that was supposedly fixed in v1.4.  Maybe the fix created another problem.  Please let me know if you've found a solution.

0 Kudos
JonathanAllan
New Contributor

I have tried a variety of approaches but still no luck (I'm using v1.4). Hopefully they will correct the problem in v2.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Any chance you have tried version 1.4.1? I'd be curious to see what may be resolved in 2.0...

JohnDiaz
New Contributor II

I'm not sure if your situation is similar to mine, but I was struggling with this too.  I was using the name field for the map series that contained a numeric field and the page queries would not work.  I added a new string field and ran field calculator to bring my numbers over as text.  Page queries are now working.  I think ArcMap would recognize numeric fields as a Name field in data driven pages, but not Pro.  Using 2.0 btw.

James_Whitacre
Occasional Contributor

John Diaz I am experiencing this same issue and this should work. A numeric field vs. a text field should be no different in SQL. Maybe this bug has not been fixed...

Can someone from Esri please respond to let us know if this is a bug, if this should be working, or if other workarounds exist. Thank you.

0 Kudos
JonathanAllan
New Contributor

I tried John Diaz's suggestion and it worked! Add a new string field and then use the field calculator to bring the numbers over as text.

0 Kudos