Select to view content in your preferred language

Package Project referencing data on enterprise geodatabase

Jump to solution
01-03-2023 10:11 AM
MattCotterill
Regular Contributor

I'm trying to create a project package for someone in my organization who is using ArcPro 2.9. I'm using 3.0. I'm using the Package Project tool and the error I get is: "Layer's data source is inaccessible" The source for the data is our organizations enterprise geodatabase. Is that the problem? Is there a way around this?

Thanks!
Matt

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried to copy the data to a file gdb and then try using the Package Project tool as a test?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried to copy the data to a file gdb and then try using the Package Project tool as a test?

0 Kudos
MattCotterill
Regular Contributor

Thanks!

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Will this other person be updating the data or is just a read-only business requirement?

0 Kudos
MattCotterill
Regular Contributor

This is read-only work he needs to do.

Incidentally, we found a work-around so this isn't critical, but for some reason I was having trouble importing layers that were selections of datasets on the enterprise database. Any idea what that could be about? 

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Can you explain the problem with importing layers that were selections of datasets on the enterprise database in more detail?

0 Kudos
MattCotterill
Regular Contributor

When I try to import or perform another geoprocessing function (like buffer) on a layer on the enterprise database, the tool just runs forever. When I try to cancel the geoprocessing function, the tool still runs forever until I force quit.

I can run tools on feature classes in my project geodatabase in this project.

I can run tools on feature classes in the enterprise database in other projects

I just updated from Pro 3.0.0 to 3.0.3

0 Kudos