Select to view content in your preferred language

Open a Folder Location From a Popup ArcGIS Pro 3.2.0 Not Working

Jump to solution
12-06-2023 04:53 AM
Labels (1)
rlyding
New Contributor III

I am attempting to create a link in a ArcGIS Pro popup that when clicked will open a folder location. Not a specific file, but folder. I am wondering if there is a way to get this to work in ArcGIS Pro 3.2.0. I believe I was able to do this in previous versions of Pro, but it appears to not work anymore with the HTML code I was using.

The popup link will work if it points to a specific file for example this HTML code works and the image opens as expected:

<a href="\\networkdrive\GIS\Record_Drawings\Scanned\0015\0015-0001.tif" target="_blank">Record Drawing Sheet</a>

The following HTML is what I am trying to get to work in a popup link to open the folder location and not the specific file, however I have had no luck getting it to work in Pro 3.2:

<a href="\\networkdrive\GIS\Record_Drawings\Scanned\0015" target="_blank">Record Drawing Folder</a>

Not sure if I am missing something or if it is a possible bug. Also if there are some possible alternative to get this to work in a popup within Pro 3.2.

**After some additional testing I can confirm being able to open a folder location via popup link is working in ArcGIS Pro 3.1.3 that same code is no longer working in ArcGIS Pro 3.2.0

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jordan_Brasher
Esri Contributor

Hi @rlyding, I believe this issue is related to a bug in Pro version 3.2

BUG-000162956: The hyperlink link at the folder level does not work in ArcGIS Pro 3.2.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Jordan_Brasher
Esri Contributor

Hi @rlyding, I believe this issue is related to a bug in Pro version 3.2

BUG-000162956: The hyperlink link at the folder level does not work in ArcGIS Pro 3.2.

rlyding
New Contributor III

Thank you Jordan.

0 Kudos
StephanieTaylor22
New Contributor

Any updates on when BUG-000162956 will be addressed?   

0 Kudos
Jordan_Brasher
Esri Contributor

HI @StephanieTaylor22, it looks like the status of this bug is "In Product Plan" to be fixed. It is unclear at this time exactly when it will be fixed but know that it is in the plan.

0 Kudos