Select to view content in your preferred language

Old Layout Exporting

3 weeks ago
DavidNoble
New Contributor II

Latest update of Pro desktop.

Have an existing layout in a project.  Activate the layout, reposition, and close activation.  When I export the layout (JPG) it is the original (old) view from when I opened the project.  Review the layout on the screen, and it appears correct.  Re-export....same thing.  Old layout position/location.  I have to create a new layout to get the correct orientation.

Any idea on why this is suddenly happening?

5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Does a Save Project alter anything after repositioning?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
DavidNoble
New Contributor II

I thought that too.  Re-positioned the layout and saved the project.  When I re-opened, it reverted back to the prior layout.  Strange behavior that I've never seen before.

0 Kudos
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

Do you have a map series? In a spatial or bookmark map series the extent defined in the map series is what exports. You can navigate the map when activated for editing or exploration, but it will always snap back when you switch pages or export.

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos
DavidNoble
New Contributor II

Not a series, just a single layout that I typically Activate, Move, Zoom, etc. to navigate the environment.  Never had this problem with my workflow before.

0 Kudos
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

Hmmm, that's really weird. And this started happening after you updated to 3.3? I talked to someone a few weeks ago who was seeing some export weirdness after updating. A restart of their machine fixed the problem. I'm not sure if that would help here or not. 

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos