Select to view content in your preferred language

No Appropriate Templates popup when trying to Paste Special Features

07-19-2024 08:42 AM
Labels (2)
DaneishaEspinal
New Contributor II

Pro. 3.1.1, Enterprise 10.9.1.2.9

On occasion I work in Pro viewing two maps side by side.  Sometimes I have some of the same layers in both maps.  In one map I have certain layers as editable, in the other map those same layers are not editable.  I think this is the culprit as to why we get the popup " There are no appropriate templates" when attempting to paste features from one database to another.  Read on for my experience.

In the map below on the left(StormwaterHistory) I have layers from SDE(buildings, paved, parcels), which are the layers I'm copying from.  In the map on the right(ImperviousAreaCalculations) I have layers from a FGDB(buildings, paved, parcels), which are the layers I'm pasting to.  Now...... those same layers from the FGDB(ImperviousAreasCalculations map) are also in the StormwaterHistory map.  The layers in the ImperviousAreaCalculations map are set to editable, while those same layers in the StormwaterHistory map are set to not editable.  When grabbing the layers from SDE in the StormwaterHistory map to paste in the FGDB within the ImperviousAreaCalculations map, I get  the popup "There are no appropriate Templates."  I removed the duplicated(noneditable) layers from the StormwaterHistory map, refreshed both maps, attempted to copy from on map to the other and VOILA!!  An alternative would be to make the duplicated layers in the StormwaterHistory map editable.

If you're wondering why I had the same layers in both maps, my answer is I DONT KNOW🤣.

Anyway, I hope this helps @ShawnGertken .  (see attachment for larger picture) 

✌️and stay mappy!

DaneishaEspinal_0-1721403448422.png

0 Kudos
0 Replies