Select to view content in your preferred language

New Labeling Properties in 3.2+?

Jump to solution
a week ago
JDSF_PeterRowland
New Contributor III

So, I was working on some maps today and noticed the labeling in some of the layerfiles I've developed looked off. I went to adjust the labeling properties and that menu seems to have lost a ton of functionality. I spent way more time than I would have liked, and eventually gave up. I'm wondering what the deal is with that is. It's not streamlining, its straight up butchery of what seemed to be perfectly functional interface. 

Am I missing something? This is pretty much all there is now. the other tab is just a few label weight adjustments... 

JDSF_PeterRowland_0-1718745532228.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JDSF_PeterRowland
New Contributor III

Yesterday I upgraded to 3.3 and it was still broken. Today its back to normal. So tough to say 😄 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RonaldHaug
Occasional Contributor II

Hi JDSF_PR!

Ya that's pretty weird. I suggest you try to update your ArcGIS Pro to the latest revision. Also are you logged in? 

I'm on 3.3 and here's what I'm seeing for a polygon, but I've never seen what you are showing on any revision. You're definitely in the twilight zone.

RonaldHaug_0-1718750797879.png

Time to head over to the About page and update.

RonaldHaug_2-1718751401292.png

0 Kudos
LindaGreen
New Contributor II

Did Maplex label engine get switched off? This looks like the old (non-Maplex) label engine to me.

0 Kudos
JDSF_PeterRowland
New Contributor III

Yesterday I upgraded to 3.3 and it was still broken. Today its back to normal. So tough to say 😄 

0 Kudos