Network restriction options in ArcPro

Jump to solution
05-19-2019 03:29 AM
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

After finding out that I cannot create a new network dataset from scratch in ArcPro (which is a real bummer!) I created one in ArcCatalog, created a template, and created a new dataset from this template (to simulate the workflow for customers of us). Now in the original network dataset I have the option that I can add restrictions but not in the one created from the template. 

Why is that and how can I solve this? The data structure is for both networks the same with a feature dataset of 5 road classes plus the junctions. 

EDIT: I played around a bit and added bus lines and bus stops to the network dataset and changed the group connectivity - and voilà: I have the options available. But maybe someone can tell me what exactly made me not having the options available before?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

at the bottom

Network attributes—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

is that what you did to enable the access to the properties and the Travel Attributes?

and from here

Create Network Dataset From Template—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop it says just the schema is created

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

at the bottom

is that what you did to enable the access to the properties and the Travel Attributes?

and from here

Create Network Dataset From Template—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop it says just the schema is created

Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

So if I need restrictions I would have to add them already in the network I create the template from?

at the bottom

Yes, exactly. The options menu on the restrictions tab is all greyed out. 

0 Kudos