Network Analyst package suddenly not available anymore

11-17-2021 12:01 AM
Barbara_Araujo
New Contributor III

Hello all,

I use ArcGIS Pro 2.9 and have an organisational account (my university's). I have been using Network Analyst (Route Analysis and VRP) for about a month with no problems. Today suddenly, the Network Analyst options are greyed out (I can open the tab itself, but none of the tools are usable).

I have tried logging off and on again to no avail. I'm fairly sure my university didn't change anything and communication to the administrator is practically impossible (I have tried before for other reasons) so now I'm at a loss for what to do...

On top of that (this may be related or not? I'm honestly not sure) ArcGIS itself is behaving weirdly in the sense that some items that I blend out of the map stay in the map/blend in don't show up. If I zoom in or out, they may appear or disappear. I'm not sure what's going on. This never happened before.

Picture of both phenomena is attached (the routes should be turned off) and you can clearly see I have used Route Analyst before, and now I can't.

I appreciate any light being thrown in the matter. Thank you!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I would contact your professor or the person in charge of your university licenses, they may have forgotten to authorize the licenses when they rolled out 2.9.   

... sort of retired...
Barbara_Araujo
New Contributor III

Hello Dan,

I'm sorry for taking so long to answer but I appreciate the help. Last week I finally managed to get hold of the administrator and as it turns out I have just ran out of credits to perform further route analyses. I have since been granted more.

Have a nice week!

0 Kudos
VMitch
by
New Contributor III

Contact Support if you continue to have issues. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

students have no access to tech support, each university has contact people, usually the professor or someone from their library or university IT

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

glad it worked out

Understanding and Managing Credits in ArcGIS (esri.com)

see the section Tips for everyone you can monitor your usage going forward so you don't get stuck again

... sort of retired...