NDMI

Jump to solution
04-15-2021 10:25 AM
CharelvanDijk
New Contributor II

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/Cascade/index.html?appid=afce17d8fc2d4ab18f31296defa45ef5

Good day,

I would like to calculate the NDMI. Before that I got landsat8 views in pro. Personally I think it should have band 5 and 6, but if I fill that in at band indexes then it doesn't go well.
If it succeeds then it must be converted to a classification, as included in the appendix.
I have the impression that I am almost there, but that I am doing wrong somewhere .... Greetings Charel

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I don't know NDVI well but I found a good resource about calculating NDVI from Landsat 8 data - the formula according to this webpage is NDVI = (Band 5 – Band 4) / (Band 5 + Band 4).

Another workflow is to use Processing Templates in ArcGIS Pro as seen below.  Good luck!

ndvi.JPG

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I don't know NDVI well but I found a good resource about calculating NDVI from Landsat 8 data - the formula according to this webpage is NDVI = (Band 5 – Band 4) / (Band 5 + Band 4).

Another workflow is to use Processing Templates in ArcGIS Pro as seen below.  Good luck!

ndvi.JPG

0 Kudos
CharelvanDijk
New Contributor II

Thank you very much.

Processing templates is a good solution. But then you have values. I still have to translate that into the classification according to the classes mentioned in the story map. Ask support ESRI Nederland how that works.

0 Kudos